LPTV & Translator- Sample Repack Reimbursment* Budget
QCOMM - is pleased to offer a Full Spectrum of REPACK services to the LPTV
- Form 2100– Schedule 399 preparation
- 399- Eligibility Certification – FCC REJECTION SUPPORT -NEW for LPTV and
- System (Site) Audit and Inventory for FCC 399
- System transition plan, engineering and cost analysis
- Project Management – Field, vendor and FCC reimbursement
- New System Installation, Integration, and Testing
- Decommissioning and Demo of Legacy equipment
- Interim Solutions, Engineer, Design, PM and Installation – Case by Case FCC approval required!
- Field Services Studies - Coverage Verification – Near/Far and Contour- Drone and/or old school
REIMBURSEMENT LPTV: Qualify and Maximize:
Form 399 -ELIGABILITY CERTIFCATION:
NEW FCC Form 399 -Eligibility
- Filed application for Construction Permit during Special Displacement window closed 6/1/18
- Construction Permit issued – Eligible
- Displacement Application granted -Eligible
- Dismissed but originally eligible to file and able to re-file and receive a grant-Eligible
- Displaced before window-Eligible
- Filed early displacement application- waivers required -Eligible
- Licenced or app prior to April 13, 2017 and
- transmitting not less than 2hrs a day for not less than 28 hrs per wek for 9 of 12 mths prior
- Proof can be - programming and/or utilities bills and others not yet determined
Once eligibility has been determined. The cost estimates budgets and actuals need to be determined for FCC verification and allocation to establish and maximize reimbursement.
- Form 2100- Schedule 399 - INVENTORY and NEW CONFIGURATION ENGINEERING.
Gathering the project estimates and actuals needs to be as accurate and complete as possible to successfully REPACK CHANNELS within the allocation budget!! The estimates and actuals will
be verified by the FCC and an initial allocation will be issued to all of the callsigns. Unlike the Full Power –our belief is there will not be any REPACK FUNDS available for amendments or CO’s! We
cannot underbudget this project. Any unused funds they will be released back to the FCC for other LPTV’s. It is imperative to not be under budget here. Frugal and accurate but not under actual
The OMB and FCC finished 399 and 1876 LMS data configuration and each LPTV should be preparing their eligibility certification and budget estimates to ensure they are reviewed promptly by
the FCC by the OCT 15, 2019 deadline. Giving the best chance to receive a maximized reimbursement.
- REPACK FUNDS-
- Consider this a Capital project
- The project may be complete or at least most of the budget will be spent by the time the FCC and OMB are ready.
- FCC timing on first reimbursements looks like DEC’19 at the earliest the LPTV can expect deposits.
- 8-15-19 - the 399 and 1876 banking systems are operational for LPTV to enter data.
- Be the FIRST IN with completed Forms 399 and 1876 and INVOICES to expedite your reimbursement opportunity. – Will you be ready!
- INVENTORY for 399
- existing equipment
- configuration - TX headroom for new TPO calc.
- third party involvement-
- tower owner/lease
- shared facilities – contract amendments and payment
- repack vendors
- landlords and easements
- ENGINEERING and DESIGN
- Design – for kW and TX and ANT/LINE needs
- Configuration – baseline and upgrades
- Licenses and STA’s
- TOWER!!!!!!!!!! Need T/A ASAP. Have to know the Unknown!
- EQUIPMENT and VENDORS
- SUPPLY and DEMAND of all resources for the REPACK project are stretched and with the addition of ~2,000 LPTV repacks there will be no room for wasting time to get EQ and Vendors lined
- ANT and LINE
- QComm – DONE!
- 399, PM, ENGR, INSTALLATION, ETC
- VENDORS – Electric, zoning, disposal and services to be determined in Site Survey
Sources: FCC-19-21 and DA-19-176 and Wiley Rein LLP
RELATIVE QUOTES FROM
CommLawBlog - 8-15-19
SAMPLE FCC CATALOG OF COSTS for Translator and LPTV per March 2019 revision:
*Matrix built with these assumptions:
Information adapted from the March 2019 FCC Catalog of Potential Expenses for LPTV
- MASKS -UHF – Full Service
- TRANSMITTERS - UHF – AIR COOLED -50/700/4,000 watts
- ANTENNAS – UHF LOW POWER – Yagi/2kW SideMT/5kW SideMT
- TRANSMISSION LINE – FLEXIBLE – 500’ – 1/2IN/15/8IN/4IN
- TOWER RIGGING - <500/750/>1000
- TOWER – NO WORK required
- OTHER PROFESSIONAL FEE – PM- 25/100/200 HRS @$154
- FORM 399 ASSIST – 20/40/60 HRS @$100/HR
- OTHER POTENTIAL COSTS –
- EQ DISPOSAL – EST FROM EXPERIENCE IN REPACK
- EQ STORAGE - EST FROM EXPERIENCE IN REPACK
- EQ DELIVERY- EST FROM EXPERIENCE IN REPACK
- The matrix is only a sample for estimating initial budgeting issues for Repack purposes and is not a legal or actual budget.
- FCC Catalog of Potential Expenses March 2019 - DA-18-1072A2